Last Update: Oct 10, 2018
European Economic Area: For SG EventMart users in the European Economic Area (EEA), SG EventMart processes your information in accordance with European laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR governs how SG EventMart may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it. This means that SG EventMart will collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Service and fulfil our obligations to you under our Terms of Service.
- It it justified because of a legitimate interest such as for research and development or marketing the Service.
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way as agreed between parties
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
If you have consented to our use of your information you may however withdraw that consent at any time. Depending on the situation you can withdraw your consent by emailing email@example.com. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Services.
If you provide Personal Data to the Services, you acknowledge and agree that such Personal Data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of SG EventMart and the authorized third parties.
USE OF USER’S INFORMATION
- The Site collects information about a User through that User’s use of the Services and the Site, including the registration details and information relating to a User’s use of the Site and the Services (such as the content such User accesses)
- The Site uses the information it collects to help advertise the Services to a User, to verify a User’s identity, to enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions, to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, Users, or others, for internal research purposes, for promoting and marketing the Site or content or partners of the Site.
- The Site will release Personal Data only when it believes such release is appropriate for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities); to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, Users, or others; or in accordance with (d) and/or (e).
- Where the Site uses third parties to undertake services, it may provide those third parties with some of a User’s information if it is required to fulfill those services.
Where permitted under the Act and subject to the provisions of any applicable regulations, a User’s Personal Data may be disclosed to any third party service provider (in all cases in connection with a Service or with promotions or services provided by the Site or its related companies).
LISTING BY VENDORS
- Vendor Content may become public when a Vendor publishes it using the Site. Once it is published, Vendor Content becomes available via the internet. Vendor Content may appear in applications and on other websites.
- The Site may retain all Vendor Content after profiles or advertisements have expired or been removed. Vendor Content may also persist elsewhere when third parties access and cache listings while they are live.
- In certain cases, the Site may have commercial arrangements with third parties to display or use Vendor Content. The Site also uses some Vendor Content to enrich the Site (e.g. for advertising the Site).
The Site registration form requires a User to provide contact information and may also require demographic information. The Site may use the information from the registration form to send User’s promotional material from the Site or some of its affiliated partners. A User’s contact information is also used to contact that User when necessary.
MANAGING PERSONAL DATA
- The Act gives a User the right to access and correct their information. A User may contact the Site if they wish to access or update their information, including changing their email address, password, phone number, etc. When a User updates their details, the Site may store User’s old details to ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
- If a User wishes to close their account and delete any Personal Data that User has submitted to the Site, please contact the Site to make that request.
CREDIT CARD SECURITY
The Site will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of a User’s information, including credit and debit card information.
- The Site may use various technologies, including cookies and local storage, to collect and store information about Users when they visit the Site.
- The Site may use Google remarketing to serve relevant ads to Users after they leave the Site. When a User visits pages on the Site, the Site use Google to place a cookie on a User’s browser. Then when the User later visits other websites in the Google Display Network, they may see ads related to the pages you visited on the Site because of that cookie.
- Items and Services advertised on the Site are not endorsed by the Site.
- The Site has no control over its advertisers' privacy policies, and a User should review such policies prior to submitting any information to them.
- The Site may also use information it holds about a User to deliver or display advertisements intended to be relevant to that User’s interests, based on the information that a User has provided to the Site through the use of any of its Services.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Site may use additional information to do internal research on User’s demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand Users. This information may include the URL that a User just came from (whether this URL is on the Site or not), which URL that User next goes to (whether this URL is on the Site or not), what device, operating system and browser a User is using, and a User’s IP address. The Site may also use information from third parties, such as geo-demographic information.
- If a User sends the Site personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other Users or third parties send the Site correspondence about a User’s activities, the Site may collect such information into a file specific to a User.
- When third parties supply the Site with information in line with their terms and conditions, the Site may use this information to serve User’s with more relevant advertising content.
INFORMATION QUALITY AND SECURITY
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we maintain is complete, accurate and up-to-date. The site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. However, we do not warrant the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet and any information transmitted to the website is done at your sole risk. You will therefore hold us harmless for any liability legal or otherwise arising out of our liaison with you in crafting any or personal information which you consent to that we put up on the said site.
If a User wishes to have their registration removed from the Site’s directory for any reason, they may send the Site an email requesting this.
UPDATES TO INFORMATION PRACTICES
RESOLUTIONS OF DISPUTES
As the Site is not a party to any Transaction between Users, Users agree not to involve, or attempt to involve, the Site in any dispute or in the resolution of disputes that arise with another User.
You agree that all matters relating to your access to or use of the Site, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of Republic of Singapore without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and Vendors in the state and federal courts in Singapore and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue. Any claim under these Customer Terms must be brought within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. No recovery may be sought or received for damages other than out-of-pocket expenses, except that the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees.
If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, you agree to try in good faith to settle the dispute by contacting SG EventMart directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, you agree to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the Singapore Court of Justice under its Commercial Mediation Procedures before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure.
If a dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be solved through negotiation, or mediation, you agree to settle the dispute by arbitration administered by the Singapore Court of Justice under its Commercial Mediation Procedures and its Consumer-Related Disputes Supplementary Procedures before resorting to litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. If the dispute cannot be resolved through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration, then the parties shall be free to pursue any right or remedy available to them under applicable law.