Last updated: Oct 10, 2018
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Terms and Conditions are the terms on which the Site offers you access to the Services and the Site. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you must refrain from using the Services and Site.
The Site may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Each User is responsible for ensuring they are familiar with the latest Terms and Conditions. Each User’s continued use of the Services represents their agreement to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions :
“Company” means SG Event Mart Pte. Ltd. (Company registration number [20801966C])
“User” means a User who purchases, or engages in discussions with a Vendor with the intention to purchase, Services.
“SG EventMart Chat Box” means the messaging system from time to time made available for communications between the Site, a User and / or a Vendor on the Site.
'Item' means goods or property that may be bought or sold through the Site.
“Services” means, as applicable, the sale of Items or services by a Vendor to a User, or the advertising of Items or services by a Vendor on the Site.
“Terms of Service” means an agreement entered into between the Company and a Vendor setting out the terms on which a Vendor advertises Services on the Site.
“Vendor” means an individual or company which has entered into a Terms of Service.
“Terms and Conditions” means these Terms and Conditions.
“Site” means www.sgeventmart.com.sg and any reference to the Site (including any rights or obligations attaching to the Site as a result of these Terms and Conditions or any other relationship of a legal nature which is created by virtue of a User’s use of the Site) shall include a reference to the Company.
The Site is a platform and marketplace for event vendors and planners. Users of the Site, hereafter referred to as “Users” include working professionals, corporate planners, event planners, prospective brides/brides-to-be and newlyweds, individuals and other third parties offering products and Services related to events (“Vendors”). SG EventMart, its partners and subsidiaries and the Site function solely as a neutral party and marketplace where Users and Vendors can and may connect for a particular type of Service or product. SG EventMart may connect Users to Vendors for the purpose of purchasing or consuming goods and services for a User’s event. Vendors may use the Service to promote and provide their goods and services to Users. SG EventMart is not involved, nor delegate a party to the actual transaction between Users. Therefore, SG EventMart has no control over the quality, accuracy, safety, legality of transactions on the Site. Nor does SG EventMart have any control over accuracy of listings, vendor profiles or the ability of Vendors to provide the items or Services they promote. SG EventMart is not responsible or legally liable for the actions or failures of Users or Vendors.
The Site does not take any part in the Services other than by facilitating communication between Users and Vendors and, in certain circumstances the Site may also receive a membership fee of equivalent fee from certain Vendors. If an offer to provide Services is acceptable to a User, a contract of sale will be formed between the Vendor and the User directly. The Site does not act as agent for either party and does not participate in any sale or Transaction, including where a User uses the Site to make payments to the Vendor.
You represent and warrant to SG EventMart that Your Information submitted
- will not be false, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading;
- will not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- will not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right or rights of publicity or privacy;
- will not violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- will not be defamatory, libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing;
- will not be obscene or contain child pornography or be harmful to minors;
- will not contain any viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; and
- will not create liability for SG EventMart or cause SG EventMart to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other partners or suppliers.
Transactions and all other contact between Users are conducted entirely at each User’s own risk. Each User agrees that the Site takes no responsibility or liability for any misconduct of any User including, without limitation, Users that have registered under false pretenses or who attempt to defraud other Users. The Site gives no undertakings, representations, or warranties in relation to Services, including:
- about ownership of any Item;
- as to the content, safety, description, worthiness, quality, or legality of the Services that are listed on the Site;
- as to the accuracy or truth of Services;
- that the Services will meet a User’s requirements or expectations; or
- about the ability of other Users to complete a Transaction, including credit card transactions.
- while the Site may facilitate payment for some Items or Services by credit card, the Site is in no way involved in the Transaction itself, and responsibility for any refund rests with the Vendor.
- while the Site has systems in place to reduce the risk of credit card fraud, the Site is not responsible for protecting Users or Vendors from credit card fraud.
Each User expressly understands and agrees that:
- use of the Site and the Services is at each User’s sole risk. The Site and Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Site disclaims and excludes all implied conditions or warranties;
- the Site disclaims and excludes liability for any guarantees that a Service will be carried out with reasonable care and skill, fitness for a particular purpose, time of completion or price;
- the Site does not warrant that i) the Services provided will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free, or ii) that any information provided on the Site is secure or error-free or reliable;
- no advice or information that is obtained by a User from the Site or anyone else shall create any warranty by the Site that is not expressly stated in the Terms and Conditions; and
- responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on the Site rests solely with the Vendor. The placement of such advertisements on the Site does not constitute the Sites recommendation or endorsement of the advertised product or service. Each Vendor is solely responsible for any representation made in connection with its advertisement.
The information contained in this the Site is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by SG EventMart and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website/web portal or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites/web portal which are not under the control of SG EventMart. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website /web portal up and running smoothly. However, SG EventMart takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website/webportal being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Each User agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any and all liability and responsibility of the Site to a User or any other person under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, or in connection with the Services, this Site, another User's acts or omissions, or a User’s use of or inability to use, the Services or this Site, is excluded regardless of whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty or otherwise. The Site's liability and responsibility is excluded in respect of any and all loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of data, loss of business or anticipated savings, general and special damages, and consequential and incidental loss.
The Site has no liability for any lack of performance, unavailability or failure of the Services or the Site, or for any failure of the Site to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Each User agrees to release, indemnify and keep indemnified the Site from and against all actions, claims, costs (including legal costs and expenses), losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered or incurred by us to any person arising out of or in connection with the User’s failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the User’s failure to complete a Transaction, the User’s use of the Site or arising out of any of the Services.
Without limiting any other rights and remedies available to the Site, the Site may limit a User’s activities on the Site in its absolute discretion.
Creation of Account : Each User warrants that it has provided complete, accurate and current personal information when creating an account on the Site. Each User must maintain and update its personal information held by the Site to ensure it is kept current at all times. The Site may phone or mail a User to verify these details.
Deletion of Account: The Site reserves the right to decline to register or to terminate an account without entering into further discussions with the User.
Login Information: Each User is responsible for keeping their login information secret and secure.
Communication from the Service : The Site may send Users emails relating to their account, Transactions and other activities on the Site, and for promoting and marketing the Site and Services. Communications will contain clear instructions for how a User can unsubscribe from the mailing list.
OBLIGATIONS OF VENDORS
Vendors must comply with all obligations set out in the relevant Terms of Service. The Terms and Conditions are in addition to (and not a replacement of) the terms contained in the relevant Terms of Service. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the relevant Terms of Service, the terms of the Terms of Service shall prevail.
Vendors must not use the Site to promote Items for sale outside the Services. Vendors must only advertise Services that are accurate, current, complete, and include all relevant information about the Services. The Site reserves the right to remove advertisements that it deems unsuitable or in breach of the Terms and Conditions. The Site must not be used as a platform to promote any illegal or immoral information or purposes.
The Site may be used by Users free of charge.
RESOLUTIONS OF DISPUTES
As the Site is not a party to any Transaction between Users, Users agree not to involve, or attempt to involve, the Site in any dispute or in the resolution of disputes that arise with another User.
You agree that all matters relating to your access to or use of the Site, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of Republic of Singapore without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and Vendors in the state and federal courts in Singapore and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue. Any claim under these Customer Terms must be brought within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. No recovery may be sought or received for damages other than out-of-pocket expenses, except that the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees.
If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, you agree to try in good faith to settle the dispute by contacting SG EventMart directly at email@example.com.
If a dispute arises out of or relates to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, you agree to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the Singapore Court of Justice under its Commercial Mediation Procedures before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure.
If a dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be solved through negotiation, or mediation, you agree to settle the dispute by arbitration administered by the Singapore Court of Justice under its Commercial Mediation Procedures and its Consumer-Related Disputes Supplementary Procedures before resorting to litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. If the dispute cannot be resolved through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration, then the parties shall be free to pursue any right or remedy available to them under applicable law.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Site owns all proprietary and intellectual property rights in the Site (including text, graphics, logos, icons and sound recordings) and the software and other material underlying and forming part of the Site. Users may not without the Site’s prior written permission, in any form or by any means:
- Adapt, reproduce, copy, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Site; or
- Commercialize, copy, or on-sell any information, or Items obtained from any part of this Site.
Other than in respect of the Terms of Service, the terms of which shall remain in full force and effect, these Terms and Conditions supersede all previous conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements and representations whatsoever whether oral or written, and constitutes the entire agreement, between the parties, relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of Republic of Singapore. Any dispute arising out of your use of the Site and these terms and conditions shall at the election of the Site (acting in its sole discretion) be either:
- resolved by discussions and consultations between the parties in good faith; or
- referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in accordance with the then in force Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre; or
- be referred to the Singapore courts and you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the Singapore courts. You and SG EventMart agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction located in Singapore.
- any combination of (1) -( 2) above.
The failure of SG EventMart to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions becomes or is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, and in any respect, that provision shall be severed from the remaining Terms and Conditions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
All communications made through the Site shall be made in good faith. Users must not damage, interfere with or harm the Site or Services, or any network, or system underlying or connected to them, or attempt to do so.